Click.
It is so cool to be present for the exact moment your kids acquire a new skill or ability. It is one of the gifts of being a stay-at-home mom. In the above picture, Will just finished reading his first book, Amelia Bedelia. Here's how it went: He sauntered into the living room in his pj's, holding Amelia Bedelia, and said, "Mom, can I read you a book?" Kevin and I had spent the last two weeks reading that book to him, he really loves it, and never once had he shown an interest in reading that or any book to us. Of course, we would ask him to read, and he could recognize some single words, but that is all he would show us. Well. . . he sat right down and read that entire book, including words like exclaimed and meringue. Click. And the light turned on. I made him sit down and read it to Daddy, too.
And here, Joseph suddenly knows how to pump himself on the swing. Bravo!!
And here, Joseph suddenly knows how to pump himself on the swing. Bravo!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home